How We Protect Your Information
Any/all papers with your personal information on it are locked up and any electronic information is password-protected.
Any client information you provide us in the recruiting process will be kept strictly confidential.
Submitting Your Resume
- Resumes can be submitted for a specific position or for a future position that matches your experience.
- We actively seek out resumes posted on career resource job boards as well as social networking sites, such as LinkedIn.
- We will determine the path for your resume based on the career aspirations you identified.
- We will always ask your permission before showing your resume or any other information to a potential employer.
- When we destroy your resume, we'll do everything we can to make sure your information continues to be protected.
Candidates and Employees
- You are considered a candidate when you submit your resume and are being considered for permanent and temporary positions with our clients.
- You become a KPM Staffing employee if we hire you to represent us in temporary assignments.
Who has access to your information?
The people have access to your personal information include:
- KPM Staff
- KPM Staffing's IT group (electronically held information only)
- Potential employers, who view your information only with your permission
All KPM personnel have signed confidentiality agreements. While we will talk you through the information we're disclosing to them, it is important that you understand the privacy policies of anyone else you may deal with in your career.
We collect a variety of personal information from you, including:
- Your resume
- Contact information
- Work availability
- Skill testing results
- Criminal or credit checks
- Any other relevant information that specifically applies to you in your job search
We do not collect unnecessary information.
We train our staff to understand and respect your personal information, as well as the private and discrete nature of our work. None of your personal information will be disclosed to anyone else without your permission.
If you are a temporary employee, we may collect the following information:
- Social Insurance Number
- Bank account information for payroll purposes
- Emergency contacts
- Criminal or credit checks
Retention and Destruction of Personal Information
If we place you as a temporary employee, we are required by law to keep your file for 7 years.
Your closed file will kept on site. No one but KPM Staffing will see your information. When we destroy your file, we'll do everything we can to make sure your information is protected.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You are free to see your personal information, just give us reasonable notice during business hours. Contact us if your information has changed, and we'll update your file.
You have the right to access your information in most cases, but sometimes there are discretionary exceptions. Requests will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Use, Retention and Disclosure of Personal Information
If we are going to use your information for a new purpose, we'll either speak to you or write to you to get your permission.
If you have submitted your resume for a temporary opportunity, your resume will be kept on file for up to one year. If you wish to be considered for a new opportunity, submit an updated resume or contact us.
If you're a candidate who wants a permanent position, we may keep your information for as long as we feel employment opportunities may be available to you.
Please contact us if you want your file destroyed. When we destroy your file, we will do everything we can to make sure your information continues to be protected.
Any policy changes will be noted and updated on our website.